Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy landing 

Taking the first flight since Sept 2016
 The flight went much better than I have imagined. Gohan was so happy. I noticed that he was reliving his old intercontinental commuting life following a routine he used to have. He looks so comfortable in the airplane. He eats by himself not needing much help while watching movie. I only need to check on him every so often. 

Reliving his past globetrotter lifestyle
No diarrhea. Thank God! Only minor bathroom issues that I was able to manage. I was hoping to get two business seats across the aisle, so I didn't need to stand up to see him. But I could only get seats having him sit in front of me. However, it works out. when he needs my help he would stick out his hands to tap at the top of the seat back.

I also asked the flight attendant to come get me if he got up to bathroom by himself while I fell asleep. Sure enough he did. I would have been so stressed had we not sat in the business class where I could get more help from the attendants.

His brother and My nephew picked us up from the airport and took us to the Airbnb
His face brimming with smile when we touched down. He feels well, and wants to get out of the airplane as soon as we can, just like the old time. That made the planning and flight in which I only slept for a couple of hours worthwhile.
His brother is the first person Gohan wishes to see in Taiwan
Once we are in Taipei, he was so energetic, only sleeping 10 hours a day. He says that he doesn't want to spend his vacation in sleep.  It is very amazing how much energy he suddenly summons once we landed.  However, I was pretty tired with jetlags, coordinating his meeting schedule and furnishing the Airbnb. Not sure if it is typical in Taiwan, the Airbnb apartment is spacious and up-to-date, but has minimal furnishing of all the daily stuff that we need. Thinking positively, busy schedule helps me adjust to the jetlag sooner.  Seeing how happy he is, makes me happy too.




No comments:

Post a Comment