Tuesday, October 24, 2017

All set to go back to Taiwan

I realized I’m crazy to take this trip, so many things to bring. The meds although most important, is only a small part of my packing. I have been working hard to get things ready for our trip. It feel likes moving Geohann’s bedroom with us. Our relatives will procure or rent medical equipment for him. I have also made arrangements for a temporary caregiver in Taipei. I’m 90% ready for the trip. The 10% will be packed before departure. 

However, I was frustrated and worry a couple days ago because I have been searching for a week for an airbnb in Taipei but couldn't find one that is available for our entire stay and that also met our accessibility needs, mainly because it is so close to our departure date. 

I seldom pray for this kind of things but this morning at the Sunday service I asked God for help to find one that is suitable so we don't need to move in and out. I got home and checked again, found a new listing with 3BD/2BA. Usually Airbnb host doesn't do tour but the host agreed to let my brother see the apartment for me because I told her there is no client reviews for my reference. My brother used video chat so I could see the whole place. The place met our needs, so I contacted her immediately. She told me that she also has a son living in Cupertino and that she is a Christian (I didn't tell her that I am one). After negotiation, she dropped the price by 30%, cheaper than a 2BD/1BA that I was originally looking for. 

The apartment is located in between my brother’s and my sister’s houses whom we will be visiting often. 7 minutes driving to each. 3 minutes to Taipei 101. Many shops right around the corner. A perfect location for us! Unlike many of the Airbnb which do not allow visitors, we can receive visitors when GwoHann can’t go out. 

I know this is more than a coincidence because only 4% of population in Taiwan are Christians. The chance of meeting one is small. Also, the host said that she had three reservation requests before me, but there were some issues with her airbnb account, so she couldn't accept them. I was lucky to come just in time right when she has the issues resolved. I will be her first client. 

10/23 / After I paid the deposit, a day later she told me that she decided to withdraw from airbnb after my and another group’s stay, because she is not tech savvy and hosting on airbnb is too much work for her. She wanted to do long term lease instead. So I am one of the only two groups who will stay there during the only month she hosts on airbnb. What chance I have!

Thank God for His goodness! With this good sign, I feel more confident about the trip and trust that God will protect GwoHann and grant us a joyful trip.

GwoHann is exhilarated that we are actually going. He couldn’t sleep whole day yesterday’s after I told him the travel date which I originally withheld from him so he won’t get too anxious like before. He crashed at the end of the day and had to go to bed with only half of his dinner finished. 

Yes. We are going and I believe we will be happy that we went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment