Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Not alone in the dark valley



It is certain that the third chemo is harder than the previous two.  Gwohann felt fatigue two days after chemo for five days, spending most of Saturday and Sunday in bed.  Friday cell group meeting has been one of his favorite activities, but we had to cancel it because he was feeling so tired.  He did however, enjoyed a good mahjong game with friends on Saturday.  The game distracted him from coughing.  It was nice to see him laugh and playful.

His bones are sore because of Neulasta, we see it a small price to pay for boosting the white blood cell counts.  Good thing is that he is sleeping well after the steroid/cortisone wore out and he has very good appetite.

Recently, more friends and relatives are visiting from afar.  We are encouraged and feel blessed because we are not alone walking through the dark valley.  

"He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.…" Psalm 23:4

Looking forward to a pleasant and active weekend before the fourth chemo on next Tuesday, Aug. 4.  

- Jacqueline


No comments:

Post a Comment