Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ama is here!


Since Ama arrived on 3/31, I have been able to feel more relaxed.  It felt like a burden was partially lifted from my shoulder.

At age 82, she walks a bit slower than before.  Nonetheless, she looks fantastic and is still as industrious as before.  She is always one step ahead of me.  Within 3 days of her arrival, she did the pile of laundry, mopped the entire hardwood floor, gave Riley a bath and cleaned up my fridge.  She showed us the 'swing arms' exercise that is very popular in Taiwan and China to strengthen the immune system.  Most important, she gave us the mental support that we most needed.  She told us not to be despair, Dad will get better.

I am so grateful that I have a wonderful mom.  She has always been the quiet and peaceful force that strengthens my weaknesses, and comfort my heartaches.

- Jacqueline

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that ah-yi is there now! Trust my wise aunt!! GwoHann Will definitely get better!!!

    ReplyDelete